Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization, SEO for short, is the method of modifying your web pages so your website performs well for internet searches. This is accomplished primarily by editing page titles and text, adding or modifying meta tags, properly linking pages and building incoming links. Research has shown that the vast majority of people performing an online keyword search will only visit sites listed on the first page of the search results. Our goal is to determine the most relevant and popular keywords for you and get your site listed within the top three search results on major search engines.
Great Lakes Tech Solutions has put significant time and resources into learning how to effectively perform SEO. In many cases, our clients get listed #1 for relevant keyword phrases. No one can guarantee specific results, but Great Lakes Tech Solutions has been extremely successful in SEO efforts.
How does Great Lakes Tech Solutions perform Search Engine Optimization? It's no secret, just a matter of taking the time to properly perform the work.
- Research Potential Keyword Phrases: We begin the SEO process by creating a preliminary list of keyword phrases which are relevant to your site. Our team will then perform research to determine how often these searches are actually performed and what other similar phrases may offer greater potential.
- Determine Keyword Phrases: We then discuss the results of our research with you to determine what keywords your potential visitors will likely use to find your site. The most popular applicable phrases can then be incorporated into the site.
- Optimize Meta Tags and Content: Once the specific keywords are determined, we will edit page titles, text, image tags and meta tags of your individual web pages to promote relevant keyword phrases. Your website is then ready to be submitted for inclusion into search engines.
- Build Links: The file names of web pages are important, as are the actual linked text. We will properly link internal pages of your site then build some important external links to your site.
- Submit Pages to Search Engines: Most search engines will eventually find and catalog your website. We can streamline this process by submitting a sitemap directly to major search engines and directories. The search engines respond by reviewing your site and categorizing the pages appropriately. Note: It often takes months before your site starts to realize its potential.
- Review and Analyze Web Traffic Patterns: We recommend Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to get important metrics used to measure your site's effectiveness. We install and configure these reporting tools, then analyze data to determine strengths and areas of opportunities.
- Re-optimize Page Content: Using this information, along with additional ranking resources we can then re-optimize your website in order to improve results. For maximum effectiveness, Great Lakes Tech Solutions recommends reviewing and optimizing pages at least a few times a year.
Contact us today for your free SEO analysis.